- Find an Employer
- Find a PA
- Login / Register
How does it work?
The site contains a database of Personal Assistants (PAs) looking for work and employers looking to employ.
1. You can browse the site and look around without logging in or registering.
2. To see full profiles, add your details, do a detailed search or send a secure message to contact a PA or employer you will need to register with the site.
3. As an employer you may need to pay a membership fee to join. Charges vary depending on the funding arrangements for each partner organisation. For example, in areas administered by POhWER, they are funded to run the service so registration for employers in those areas is free. In other areas employers can pay for membership via the website. For details of charges click here. There is no charge to register as a PA.
4. To post your details on the site you simply answer a series of questions to help you create your individual profile, including a photo if required.
5. Once you have registered and added your profile details, you can log in at any time and contact an employer or PA using the secure message facility, which means you don't have to give away your personal information. If you are successful in finding a PA or employer you can hide your details until the next time you want to use the site.
It is important to note that PA's registered on the find-a-pa site are not employed by and have not been vetted by Ruils or their partner organisations. It is the responsibility of you the employer, or your representative, to check whether the PA has a valid DBS certificate (Disclosure and Barring Service - previously CRB) and that you are happy with the status. It is also the responsibility of the employer to ensure that references are obtained and checked and to satisfy yourself that the PA has the skills and suitability to undertake the role offered.
As a prospective employer you have a legal obligation to check that the person you want to employ is entitled to work in the UK. Comprehensive advice and guidance is available from the Home Office website.
Helpful tips on employing a PA are available from the Ruils Recruitment Handbook, a website which offers advice and guidance on the process of employing a PA and managing the PA relationship.